Outstanding reliability for business use
The DM-720 includes high quality features packed into an efficient, smart body. Equipped with an easy-to-use interface, editing functions that extend audio use, and various playback functions, this recorder provides outstanding practicality and reliability to support your business needs. Highly efficient conference and courtroom recorder.
- TRESMIC – Three microphone system for high-quality sound recording
- Extensive playback functionality such as the “Voice Playback function” for efficient transcription
- The high quality compact metal body
- Attachment usable as both a clip and a stand
- “Direct PC connection” for convenient recording data storage and charging
Easy-to-use interface, extended editing operations and various playback functions
- The TRESMIC 3-microphone system captures a wide range of true-to-life sounds.
- Make high-quality recordings using the recorder’s 48 kHz/16-bit linear PCM format.
- Intelligent Auto Mode. Adjusts the microphone sensitivity according to input level.
- Low-cut filter. Eliminates sound at frequencies lower than 300 Hz while recording.
- Voice Playback. Skips non-voice in playback, saving time and improving efficiency.
- Voice Balancer. Adjusts the volume of recorded voices, making dialogues more audible.
- Noise cancellation. Reduces unwanted ambient sounds for a clearer playback quality.
- Transcription mode. Play 3 seconds before the stop, or fast forward through silence.
- 4GB of built-in memory. Stores up to 985 hours of your continuous audio recordings.(depends on settings)
- The integrated USB stick allows you to connect to a computer without using a cable.
Zoom microphone for getting every word in a courtroom or conference
With the latest directional quality control technologies, switching to directional microphone mode unleashes the power of proximity recording in noisy environments, such as at lectures or when recording from a distant position. You can adjust the directivity by operating with the “-” and “+” buttons. The new zoom microphone mode adjusts the recording level higher according to the zoom. Perfect for courtroom or conference situations.
Compact recorder with 48 kHz / 16 bit linear PCM recording
Create high quality recordings using the linear PCM format. With a sampling frequency of 48 kHz, this linear PCM format easily outclasses the 44.1 kHz / 16 bits of CD-quality audio. While this may surpass your needs in business, it is useful for those using the digital voice recorder for hobby or music, providing the quality to easily make their own CDs.
Automatic sensitivity adjustment with Intelligent Auto Mode
To make listening to your recordings more comfortable, the Intelligent Auto Mode adjusts the microphone sensitivity to match the volume of the sound source. When a speaker is talking loudly, the recorder reduces the input level, and for soft voices, the recorder increases the input level. In this way, the function automatically keeps track of the input level and simultaneously adjust the recording level so that it always records in the best quality and provides and even level of volume.
Low-cut filter eliminates extraneous noise
During recording, the low-cut filter is used to cut the sound at frequencies of 300 Hz and lower during the recording process. Typical examples of these lower frequencies include air conditioner noise, projector fan noise, and even wind noise while outside. By cutting the lower frequency during recording your audio is natural sounding and free of background noise and distortion during playback.
Create meeting minutes efficiently with Voice Playback
By using the Voice Playback function, you can skip non-voice parts during playback, and only play parts of the file where there is voice. This feature makes transcribing meeting minutes efficient. For example, if 70% of the recorded file contains speech, you can finish listening to a 1-hour recording in about 40 minutes. Once you finish recording, use Voice Playback to save time and improve playback for transcription.
Voice Balancer delivers audio quality that is easier to hear
When voices are at different volume levels due to the distance and physical relationship to the recorder, the Voice Balancer automatically makes smaller voices louder, and ensures that louder voices stay below a given level, providing playback where everyone is audible. This comes in handy when recording sound sources from many positions, such as in a large meeting or conference. The voice filter function operates simultaneously, and reduces the prominent noise produced when amplifying small sounds. By eliminating the lower and higher frequencies during playback, recorded voice is further enhanced. This enables much clearer playback.
Noise cancellation for clear playback quality
The noise cancellation function powerfully reduces unwanted ambient sounds such as air conditioner noise or projector fan noise to enable clear playback quality. This function is effective when playing back meeting recordings.
Create meeting minutes efficiently with “Transcription mode”
“Transcription” mode is convenient when you want to create minutes from your meeting recordings. While transcribing, it is necessary to frequently repeat play and stop to check the content. As such, when resuming playback, the recorder will automatically playback from 3 seconds before playback was stopped, so that you can easily review the content you need. The fast forward function is set to a preset 3.5x speed so that you can conveniently skip the silences in your recording. Furthermore, the Voice Balancer helps to normalize audio levels when recording speakers of different volume in a meeting.
The DM-720 box contents includes (accessories).
- AAA Ni-MH rechargeable battery × 1
- Stand clip
- Instruction manual